Monday 17 November 2008

Will's moodboard

I believe my moodboard conveys all the feelings that i have when listening to 'Two Receivers' by Klaxons. In the top left i have shown what genre the Klaxons are by putting 'Nu Rave', along with the writing i have also put neon colours to also to represent this 'nu rave' genre that the Klaxons represent, which is a new genre in music, which is the reason for it being included on my moodboard. I have included images of the beach at Brighton and also the pier, and the images are anchored by the line, 'Oceans at their feet', which immediately brings the image of Brighton to my head. I thought of Brighton because the band are English and also because this sort of music is also linked to the area. Keeping with the 'Nu rave' theme, i have included a picture of a drum kit, an electric guitar and a turntable which all have a neon colour on them, however these are all the instruments used in the song, and are also recognisable iconography with the genre. The amp's are in the picture because i believe the song needs to be played loud due to the increasing drum beat at the beginning of the song. The image of the two worlds colliding represents my idea of the song being about two worlds that they are presenting to us in the song colliding together as one, and also because the song makes reference to space a number of times which gives a different mythical feel to it. This moodboard shows all the ideas that come to my head when listening to the song.

No comments: